Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Post-op Day 2

Well, I got home last night to 3 boys waiting for their mom to give them kisses and to tuck them in. I first had to answer a thousand questions about dad and how he is doing and when is he coming home???

It is also really hard because even though we are telling them what is going on they don't understand why dad is still in the hospital. Peter was clinging to me, Joe was acting out and throwing a screaming fit and Tom went to bed with a picture of Brian b/c he misses him so much :(

By 10pm the boys were finally asleep and I had to wash Tom's pants he had pee'd in at preschool (which he has never done since being potty trained), eat dinner, and then fell into bed around 11:30pm.

I woke up at 6:30am to the boys telling me to look outside and see all the SNOW!!!! This winter stuff is getting old. Sunny and 60 would be nice:)

Brian called around 7am to tell me the news he is staying another night. It is beginning to feel like groundhogs day.

Around 10:30, I headed up to the hospital and the boys along with Jim and Diane met us around 11am. Brian was really excited to see them as they were to see him. Brian was able to walk down to a lounge that overlooks the Mississippi River. The boys enjoyed talking to dad, eating snacks, and admiring the river.

We, of course, had to stop down on 5a to see my co-workers per the boys request on the way out.

Brian is catching a snooze now and then the plan will be to eat dinner, get him freshened up and then head home to put the kiddos to bed.

As far as his chest tube goes, the nurse said he has had 240 mls out since 4am. Still above the where they want it, so I am beginning to wonder if he'll stay tomorrow as well. We'll have to wait and see:)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Marie