Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PAiN

So, we got home on Friday 4/22 evening from the Hospital "Inn." I hadn't told the boys that Brian was coming home b/c I didn't want to disappoint them if he didn't for some reason. When we got home, they were extremely HaPpY to see him.

It was a very ruff Friday evening though...Brian got in the van to come home and lost it. I think he was extremely anxious about the ride home and being around the boys. So, we ate dinner with the boys and both sets of parents and then packed the boys up to sleep over at my parents house.

Since then, Brian has had his ups and downs. Although, his incision sites are healing and feeling better he has continued to have nerve and muscle pain. We met with his surgeon last Wednesday and he said that Brian is Exceptionally RARE, but WE all knew that right?? The conclusion to his continued nerve and muscle pain is to start a drug for nerve pain and a muscle relaxer for muscle spasms and his pain medication was also changed. The poor boy is on meds every 3-4 hours. I joked buying an old person's weekly pill box for him......but I do see the importance for those pill boxes. The question around the house is.....when was the last time I took that pill? OR When I am do for my next pills?

He can also control some the nerve irritation buy not having clothes rub on his abdomen and back.....Brian's solution is to wear his white undershirt "pulled up threw the neck gay" as he puts it. We are all fortunate enough to see his big budda belly 24/7. It is all still sexy swollen from his surgery.

In other news, I worked last Saturday to help move our patients from the old hospital to the NEW U of M Amplatz Children's Hospital. It took over 300 staff members and 11 ambulances to move 59 patients in 6 hours and 30 minutes. The unit I work on moved the very 1st patient and the very last patient. It is exciting to be in our new space and I am sure the patients and their families are excited and happy as well. NO MORE SHARING ROOMS! ALL ROOMS ARE PRIVATE. I think if you go to www.uofmchildrenshospital.org you can pics of it.

That's all for now, I need to sleep and gear up for a busy weekend.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers! Brian is healing a little bit everyday:)

No comments: