Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Post op Day 1

Hey Everyone,

I left last night around 12am and Brian was resting as comfortably as he could be considering what he had been through. When I got home, I heard Peter crying. He couldn't tell me what was wrong, but after some tylenol and some loving from mom he slept the rest of the night. I was then able to crawl into bed around 1:30am and sleep until Brian called me at 6:30am.

The docs said he was spending another day due to the amount of chest tube output. He needs to have less than 200 mls out in a 24 hour period. To put it in perspective when I got here and looked at the output it read 500 mls......I secretly said to myself "sugar beets" he's not going home today nor tomorrow. So we are playing it one day at a time.

This morning and this afternoon he was having really bad right sided neck and shoulder pain. Luckily it has gotten better throughout the day with some bumps of "D" bombs aka IV Dilaudid. He is eating, drinking, peeing and passing gas.......YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The things that make nurses so happy.

I am going to get him up to walk again and then get him cleaned up for the night. Then off to the house for the night to hopefully get more sleep than last night.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!


No comments: