Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Monday, April 18, 2011

On the Unit

Brian got to his room around 7:15pm. The boys and my parents came up around that time too:) In order to pass some time, I took the boys to the floor where I work to see all my co-workers. Tom, Joe, and Peter were able to check out some of the crying babies and the playroom where the patients play.

We then headed back up stairs to see Brian. The boys were quite at first, but then started asking all these medical questions. I think we might have some future MD's on our hands :)

Earlier this evening, he was complaining of a lot of pain on the right side of his chest and neck. The nurse increased his pain med, which helped with the pain, but in return made him really out of it. He is requiring 2 liters of oxygen and has this giant chest tube hanging out of his chest. Respiratory therapy came and gave him a neb to help with his lungs.

Currently, he is resting comfortably and I'll probably head home to sleep and then be back early in the am to hear what the docs have to say. I would be REALLY surprised if he goes home tomorrow. I will keep you all posted!

Thanks for the phone calls and prayers!! We greatly appreciate them!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Katie and Brian,
I linked to your blog from the Cronks. I will keep Brian in my prayers for a good recovery!
Kelly (Novak) from ND band

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! We are keeping all of you in our prayers. Take care!