Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Three Stooges

In my last post I alluded to more big news was on the way and it was officially confirmed this past weekend. Katie's pregnant again! And there's not just one. And there's not just two. Triplets!! Ok, I'm lying. Katie is not pregnant, but her sister Molly was and she gave birth to Braden Patrick on Sunday. I have decided to call him Brady as I suggested to the parents that they named after Mr. Stud himself, Brady Quinn. He was born at 7 lb 14 oz (which is probably the size of each of our boys right now) with a frock of blond hair. Check out Mr. Sexy himself right here.



This picture is about 8 hours after birth. So, the creation of the three Stooges is complete. Thomas, Joseph, & Brady. Lookout!

In other exciting news, the boys are having their two month checkup next Tuesday so we will be able to get an weight update and an official confirmation of studliness from the doc. The boys will get their first round of shots, which will be a piece of cake for Joseph since he currently gets shots twice a day, but boy is Thomas in for a world of hurt. Joseph is also going to the hemitologist who will hopefully tell us that he won't have to have the shots anymore which will be outstanding for everyone. Hopefully we will have good news to share next week.


I think I'm going to try to make a portion of each week's post dedicated to a reflection on parenthood. Specifically, I'll shed light on things that are true that you wish weren't true and things that are true that you wish were false. Today's topic? The movie Old School. So we all loved laughing at Will Ferrell as pseudo attempts at maturity in this classic movie, but is real married life and parenthood the same? Well, sometimes yes and sometimes no. For example, can going to Home Depot on a Saturday afternoon be a fun focal point of the week? Absolutely. But I've found it's even better to go to Ace Hardware. It really is the only place I know that I can go where I'm guaranteed to smell booze on the breath of every male employee in the store at 9am. Is the hardware store that butts up to Ace at fault? Probably, but it sure makes for a fun morning when I ask to be directed to the aisle where I can find some screws, and the employee sends me to Aisle 1: Paint Supplies.

Ok, so that pretty much had nothing to do with parenthood. I think we can all say Week 1 of Parenthood reflections was a resounding success!

So, I also reviewed last weeks post and realized that the pictures I posted were below par. Therefore, these should bring balance to the force.

In case you can't tell, it's starting to get MUCH harder to tell who is who. That said, I think Tom is on the left and Joe on the right.




Here's Tom hanging out with his G-raff.




And no, Thomas doesn't have Angelina Jolie lips, he's sticking out his tongue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you've taken to not dressing them the same anymore. Does that perhaps have anything to do with the ease of telling them apart, dad?