Fall 2012

Fall 2012
Cleaning up the rubbish in the backyard

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stay Classy Sir Joseph

Everyday I get up with the boys first thing in the morning while I let my beloved catch some much deserved extra sleep before I head off to work. Each day starts off helping the boys go to the bathroom and I am asked, without fail, "Daddy, do you have to work today?"

"Yes, yes I do" is my answer to which the boys always appear a little disappointed, but I do qualify it with, "But on Saturday and Sunday I'll be home and we'll have lots of fun!"

Monday through Friday this conversation occurs.

Saturday arrives and Joe comes in and asks the inevitable, "Daddy, do you have to work today?".

"No Joe, I'm going to be home to play with you guys." Anticipating unbridled excitement I ask, "Does that make you happy?"

Joe responds in a very deadpan voice, "Well sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't."

Stay classy Joe, you're on a role!

No comments: